- Provide leadership at the Tier 1 Meeting ensuring metrics are reviewed; metric misses are addressed with countermeasures, root cause identification, corrective actions, with assigned responsibility and target completion dates and ensure any support required is identified and verified.
- Maintain the integrity of Tier 1 and 2 Board data and information.
- Assign process/team members (Operators) to daily work assignments and ensure all required training and certifications are evaluated and complied with for the assignment.
- Attend Tier 2 Meeting escalating issues requiring additional support and communicating the result of the items escalated along with returning any required information to the Tier 1 team area.
- Perform regular lean process audits to verify integrity of lean standards.
- Maintain housekeeping and safety of Tier 1 area. Provide training, demonstration and coaching to assigned process/team on lean tools and methodology.
- Assist production supervisor with assessing team member development needs and developing training plans.
- Holds regular engagements and GEMBA walk with operators to facilitate achievement of production requirements, consistency, and teamwork
- Provide regular communication, feedback, coaching and ongoing support to operators regarding process.
- Monitor and ensure a positive work environment for employees.
- Ensure that an effective communication system is in place through all levels of the process.
- Ensure that roles and expectations are clearly communicated throughout the process team.
- Respond quickly to “Andon” signals that require support.
- Assist operators in the interpretation of procedures, methods and correct use of production equipment to ensure procedures are followed.
- Operational direct work as required by the line design and loading.
- While a Team Lead has continuous interaction with their teams and may communicate observations (including concerns) of performance by their team members to the Production Supervisor, the Team Lead is not responsible for handling any type of personnel action associated with performance feedback or disciplinary actions directly with their team members.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Additional formal education and/or training is a plus
- 5 plus years work experience in a manufacturing environment required;
- Successful candidates have shown a good performance record of technical competence and leadership demonstrated through performance feedback at the meets or exceeds expectations level.
- Working knowledge and experience of production flow and processes.
- Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change.
- Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the lean culture across the plant.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) required for coaching others.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate a group of peers without direct supervision authority.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed